[GRASSLIST:7637] GRASS data to ArcView

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Jul 20 11:10:45 EDT 2005

Hello,

I just encountered the problem that my colleagues can't import data exported
from GRASS appropriately into ArcView.
I tried to convince them to use GRASS but without success so far ,-)

the raster to export specs are:
Type of Map:  raster              Number of Categories: 255
Data Type:    DCELL
Rows:         2230
Columns:      3434
Total Cells:  7657820
Range of data:    min =  0.000000 max = 35.653061

r.out.tiff input=test output=test -t //results in 3 bands in ArcView not in
one; from ERDAS I know that I can specify if 1 or 3 (RGB) bands shall be
exported

r.out.arc input=test output=- > test.grd //results in no image at all

r.out.ascii does not import as well.

I recognised missing endings of the exported files. Do I have to add certain
file specifications?

Any experience with GRASS -> ArcView communication?

regards, Martin

--
Martin Wegmann

DLR - German Aerospace Center