[GRASSLIST:7680] Re: Interactive GUI input/output

Dave Sampson gis at watersheds.ca
Fri Jul 22 10:17:34 EDT 2005

Glynn,

Is it possible for the output area to be a small terminal-like area that
can choose to accept input. That way also you can use the GUI to HELP
contruct your command line but if needed an extra switch or option can
be thrown in (or even a pipe).

>Dave Sampson wrote:
>

>>Using a GUI dialogue for instance r.in.gdal I sometimes find that the
>>output expects an interactive input.
>>That is, if you ran the same perameters from the comand line you would
>>be able to enter 'list' and recive a list of options to follow on. this
>>happens sometime if it asks you from a reprojection option.
>>
>>Is it possible to develop a means for interactive GUI output so a user
>>does not need to drop to a comannd line to complete the task?
>>

>Modules which usually require user input are run in an xterm. The
>problem is with modules which sometimes require a terminal but usually
>don't. The GUI would either need to be able to determine when a
>terminal is required, or it would need to always use a terminal.

|Dave Sampson: Geographic Information System (GIS) Technician	|
|Centre for Sustainable Watersheds				|
|Cooperative Approaches to Protect Canada's Water Resources	|
|14 Water St, P.O Box 280. Portland Ontario, Canada. K0G 1V0	|
|Lat: 44.700	Long: -76.19					|
|www.watersheds.ca		gis at watersheds.ca		|