[GRASSLIST:7698] Canot delete vector (spearfish dataset)

Dave Sampson gis at watersheds.ca
Sun Jul 24 11:30:08 EDT 2005

Hey folks,

Created a few vectors from r.to.vect and now can't delete them.
Wondering if anyone had some trouble shooting ideas. The accesing of the
database confuses me as 'slope' is not involved in this process and is a
raster layer. I have no problem deleting raster layers.

this is a dump from g.remove

g.remove vect=selected_habitat_borders
REMOVE [selected_habitat_borders]
DBMI-ODBC driver error: SQLConnect():
[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default
driver specified (0)

Cannot open database 'slope'

Cannot open database 'slope' by driver 'odbc'

Cannot get info if table 'selected_habitat_borders' linked to vector exists.

Cannot delete vector

|Dave Sampson: Geographic Information System (GIS) Technician   |
|Centre for Sustainable Watersheds                   		|
|Cooperative Approaches to Protect Canada's Water Resources	|
|14 Water St, P.O Box 280. Portland Ontario, Canada. K0G 1V0    |
|Lat: 44.700      Long: -76.19                            	|
|www.watersheds.ca            gis at watersheds.ca     		|