[GRASSLIST:7699] r.volume (what would be the equivalent)

Dave Sampson gis at watersheds.ca
Sun Jul 24 12:45:11 EDT 2005

hey folks,

Working off an old tutorial
[http://www.udel.edu/johnmack/frec682/682proj2.html] r.volume was
required for a process.

quote:
Now run /r.volume /on this buffer-weighted habitat score map to obtain
the sum and average of each clump's cell habitat scores   Use /awk/ to
create reclass rules files, then use /r.reclass/ to map the largest
clumps by sum and average habitat scores.  Which clump has the highest
weighted total habitat score?  Which has the highest weighted average
habitat score?

I thought that running r.stats might work, but don't understand how to
get stats per clump. Each clump has a wheighted score depending on its
distance from the edge. I would like to take the weighted score of each
clump and perform the stats on that, not just the invidual interior buffers.

cheers

|Dave Sampson: Geographic Information System (GIS) Technician   |
|Centre for Sustainable Watersheds                   		|
|Cooperative Approaches to Protect Canada's Water Resources	|
|14 Water St, P.O Box 280. Portland Ontario, Canada. K0G 1V0    |
|Lat: 44.700      Long: -76.19                            	|
|www.watersheds.ca            gis at watersheds.ca     		|