[GRASSLIST:7723]

Jason Horn jhorn at bu.edu
Tue Jul 26 11:56:45 EDT 2005

I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction on using
databases with GRASS.  I've read the WIKI pages, the command
documentation and whatever else I could find.  I understand that you
can store, for example, point data in a GRASS native file, while the
attributes are stored in an external DB (which I have achieved with
mysql).  I'm unclear on the following:

1) Is it possible to store geometry in an external database as well?
2) How do you get geometry into an external database?
3) What is the advantage of using an external database over GRASS's
internal db?