[GRASSLIST:6971] Re: PS.MAP command -->overlay raster

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Wed Jun 1 13:25:42 EDT 2005

Luca

You could use r.patch. What is null in your overlay will be taken
transparent and filled with your DTM. In order for the color tables to be
preseved make sure that no same values are present in both your rasters -
i.e. if your DTM is 1-1000 then recode your overlay to start at 1001.

That will make your DTM hard-overlayed. An effect of semi-transparency you
could achieve using r.his Your DTM should be the hue, overlay should be the
intensity, saturation you can omit. Use r.composite to compose the output
back into a color Grass layer and enjoy (slight lose of quality as "only"
32768 colors is a practical minimum for Grass) or use 'rgb' command directly
in ps.map (for best quality).

Maciek