[GRASSLIST:6991] Re: clip a raster

Ian MacMillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Thu Jun 2 17:39:46 EDT 2005

Your question is a little unclear.  If you want to look at the original
dem, then you can still view that original dem.

d.rast map=original_rast

r.fillnulls fills in all null spaces, unless you have a mask.  Perhaps
you can make a mask using r.digit, and make a new raster that blocks
out areas that you don't want r.fillnulls to work. Name this new rast
MASK.  Then run r.fillnulls again on the original raster after the mask
has been set.

G'luck
-ian