[GRASSLIST:6990] clip a raster

Jano Ferencik ferencik.ioan at personal.ro
Thu Jun 2 17:22:11 EDT 2005

Hi list,

i imported a DEM in GRASS  from an ascii file(exportted from ARC).i had holes
in it...i filled the DEM with r.fillnulls....but I don't know how make the
filled DEM to look exactly like i was looking before filling it, meaning that
r.fillnuls produced a rectangular  raster map where some areas where was no
data before appear as some blocks..i tried to create a MASK  by renaming to
MASK a raster files obtained from coverting a shapefile representing the
boundary of my area but the result was the same...i don't know how to clip the
filled DEM  to appear without those blocks...maybe you give me an idea...
thanks