[GRASSLIST:7009] Re: calculating center of intensity

Martin du Saire mdusaire at umn.edu
Fri Jun 3 17:07:30 EDT 2005

Would the following r.mapcalc command generate a map of the x-coordinates
for the cells in a raster map?

x_coordinates=x()

If so, do the same for the y_coordinates and then calculate the center of
mass "by hand" with the help of the r.stats module (because it doesn't
appear that r.mapcalc has a sum() function).

Tedious, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Martin