[GRASSLIST:7015] Re: Starting GRASS 6

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Jun 5 12:20:39 EDT 2005

It looks like there is an issue with the startup script. This is odd as I
don¹t think that Lorenzo hasn¹t changed 6.0. I think it is pretty easy to
fix and am copying Lorenzo.

That said, I¹d highly recommend running 6.1 cvs from Lorenzo¹s site. There
have been many improvements since 6.0 was released in March. 6.1 is highly
stable on a Mac‹at least as stable as 6.0, if not more so.

The current cvs binary is from 28 May. I¹m using it with no problems.
Lorenzo seems to be releasing them on an almost weekly basis so there might
be an even newer one out soon. Note that the 28 May release runs on OSX 10.4
as well as 10.3 (I don¹t know about 10.2).

Michael

On 6/4/05 8:25 AM, "David Kindem" <dkindem at chartermi.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm running OSX 10.4.  I've just downloaded and
> installed Grass-OSX-6.0.0-1.dmg.  I've installed the Tiger Patch, and am
> attempting to open GRASS.  Double-cliking on the GRASS icon opens the Grass
> 6.0 startup window.  I leave the startup settings in the default modes
> (graphic and OS X).  When I click on "Start" I receive the following message
> in a terminal window:
>
> xterm: Can't execvp
> /Applications/Grass/grass60.app/Contents/Resources/grass-6.1.cvs/grass61: No
> such file or directory
>

> I'll appreciate any help or suggestions
>
> Dave Kindem
> Grand Haven, MI