[GRASSLIST:7021] RE: [Chameleon] Strange layer behavior

Jano Ferencik ferencik.ioan at personal.ro
Mon Jun 6 05:43:15 EDT 2005

> Jano,
>
> The only thing I know that can cause a layer to disappear while zooming
> is maxscale/minscale. But you did not have that defined, nor in any of
> the layers of its group.
> The only instance where I had this happen to me, was where a shapefile
> had corrupt topology (polygon file with unclosed polygons), which would
> disappear when zooming in. It may be worth rebuilding your shapefile, or
> checking its topology (as far as there is topology for points....).
> There should be some free tools out there that can do it.
>
> regards,
>
> Jacob

Thanks for suggestion...i took a closer look to that shapefile...and i
discovered that it is of type pointZ.....so i proceded in this way..transformed
it in coverage and then back to shapefile from arcinfo workstation...and
surprise it worked.....a am glad that it is ok....anyway I received the
shapefiles from another company and all others layers are ok....i just didn't
tkinked that this could be the cause of the problem..thanks Jacob again