[GRASSLIST:7034] Re: region related issues with r.proj

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Mon Jun 6 16:21:18 EDT 2005

Michael

Not sure how to cope with r.proj here, but you could:
1 cut the piece od DEM you want with r.mapcalc
2 r.out.gdal to GeoTiff
3 gdalwarp
4 r.in.gdal

A note: as far I was told on this list before by wise folks and as I have
confirmed in my experience, reprojecting raster DEM is *not* a good idea for
most typical purpose (e.g. you won't be happy with the resulting aspect or
slope). Better t.to.vect, v.proj, re-interpolate (say v.surf.rst). Good
luck.

Maciek