[GRASSLIST:7106] Re: DXF to Grass dataset

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 10 01:33:26 EDT 2005

Hi,
the import of DXF is not a problem and we have been doing it.
It is a WISH THAT
1. If the TEXT inside a polygon automatically becomes it's attribute after import into GRASS!!\\
It would save a lot of time.
May be the developers of GRASS may kindly consider this aspect.. in the next GRASS CVS release..
Ravi
Markus Neteler <neteler at itc.it> wrote:
I have tested the map with GRASS 6 (not knowing the
coordinate system):

v.in.dwg Geology.dxf out=geologydxf
MTEXT entity not supported
MTEXT entity not supported
MTEXT entity not supported
MTEXT entity not supported
MTEXT entity not supported
MTEXT entity not supported
MTEXT entity not supported
MTEXT entity not supported
MTEXT entity not supported
MTEXT entity not supported
MTEXT entity not supported
MTEXT entity not supported
MTEXT entity not supported
MTEXT entity not supported
MTEXT entity not supported
MTEXT entity not supported
MTEXT entity not supported
3555 elements processed
Building topology ...
3538 primitives registered
Building areas: 100%
0 areas built
0 isles built
Attaching islands:
Attaching centroids: 100%
Topology was built.
Number of nodes : 2581
Number of primitives: 3538
Number of points : 16
Number of lines : 3522
Number of boundaries: 0
Number of centroids : 0
Number of areas : 0
Number of isles : 0

The database contains now:
v.db.select geologydxf
cat|entity_nam|color|weight|layer|block|txt
1|POINT|256|-1|TICS||
2|POINT|256|-1|TICS||
3|POINT|256|-1|TICS||
4|POINT|256|-1|TICS||
5|POINT|256|-1|TICS||
6|POINT|256|-1|TICS||
7|POINT|256|-1|TICS||
8|POINT|256|-1|TICS||
9|POINT|256|-1|TICS||
10|POINT|256|-1|TICS||
11|POINT|256|-1|TICS||
12|POINT|256|-1|TICS||
13|POINT|256|-1|TICS||
14|POINT|256|-1|TICS||
15|POINT|256|-1|TICS||
16|POINT|256|-1|TICS||
17|LINE|256|-1|GELI236||
18|LINE|256|-1|GELI236||
19|LINE|256|-1|GELI236||
20|LINE|256|-1|GELI236||
21|LINE|256|-1|GELI236||
22|LINE|256|-1|GELI236||
23|LINE|256|-1|GELI236||
24|LINE|256|-1|GELI236||
3536|LINE|256|-1|GELI236||
3537|LINE|256|-1|GELI236||
3538|LINE|256|-1|GELI236||

I don't know if this is what you expected but to some extent
you can import the DXF file.

Regards

Markus Neteler