[GRASSLIST:7115] Re: sun solaris binaries

Paulo Marcondes paulomarcondes at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 11:51:01 EDT 2005

2005/6/10, Markus Neteler <neteler at itc.it>:

> So far I am not aware of grass 6.0 binaries for sun solaris, a
> volunteer having such a machine is needed to compile the software.

I could talk to the admin people here and try to set up something.
However, I heard that there may be differences between Solaris releases...
Maybe a binary compiled here may not work on Solaris other than 9.0
(if I'm not mistaken by it's identity.

What sould be compilation times and schedules?
Should I compile every branch in the cvs or just prior to release?

Anyways, it seems better if the first compiler/maintainer also doubles
as user/tester, so he can first test the files and maybe recompile if
needed.

I may be able to compile, but not to test thoroughly, since I don't do
any GIS at work.

--
Paulo Marcondes
zpaulomarcondesz at gmail period comz