[GRASSLIST:7130] Re: mac os x binaries and i.points

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sun Jun 12 19:42:41 EDT 2005

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Hamish wrote:

> Outstanding issue: How to deal with interactive modules which require
> keyboard input. Spawning xterms from the GUI is not a good long term
> solution.

A new libary, something similar to Vask would be a good idea. Modules
requiring interactive I/O could call it at a level abstracted from whether
the user was running GRASS in command-line or GUI mode---this new library
would use whatever method was appropriate to present output to and get input
from the user.

(When I first heard of / saw the Form library I thought perhaps this is
what it does, but I was mistaken.)

Paul