[GRASSLIST:7136] Re: Importing shapefile to postgres

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Jun 13 03:41:06 EDT 2005

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Firman Hadi wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to import a shapefiles to Postgresql by using modul pg.in.df.
> The shapefiles dbf contain several columns and all columns were
> successfully transfered to database.
> The weird thing, I guess, all data in one of those columns automatically
> converted to -2147483648. These supposed to contain village code (e.g.,
> 3206390011).
> Is this a bug?

Maybe a misunderstanding, the values are going over the size limit for
signed integers (minimum signed integer = -2147483648), but should have
been stored as character strings not integer. If you have a way to check
the type of the field and if possible make it character, that should help.

--
Roger Bivand
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no