[GRASSLIST:7255] Re: Brazilian Forum for GRASS

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Jun 21 12:25:03 EDT 2005

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Paulo Marcondes wrote:

> > we both have translated a general reference guide for
> > grass commands
>
> Where it is? Maybe you should send it to Markus, in order to add it to
> the support section of grass.itc.it.
> I am also thinking about a sitewide translation after the grass translation.
> I feel people in Brasil are very scared by foreign languages, so as I
> am not, I could help a lot putting my knowledge of the language to
> help those who have difficulties understanding english.

Paulo, Samuel:

Another important point to remember is that feedback to the GRASS
community at large is valuable. If users on this forum raise questions of
general concern, please do pass the questions or ideas on the the main
list(s) as appropriate - without this communication, open source loses
some of the value of many eyes looking at the same problem at the same
time. Even though users may be unsure about posting in English, their
insights and questions are really needed for the health of our community!

--
Roger Bivand
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no