[GRASSLIST:7275] Re: Installation of Grass 6.0

Otto Dassau dassau at gdf-hannover.de
Wed Jun 22 05:17:45 EDT 2005

Am Mittwoch, 22. Juni 2005 11:01 schrieb Martin Kattner:
> Hi there,
>
> I´ve downloaded the latest .rpm files for GRASS 6.0. from the GRASS
> homepage. Now I´ve got the problem how to install these fiels onto SUSE
> 9.3. or better in which order do I have to install. I was told that there
> is a specific order I have to follow?

Dear Martin,

if you want to use the SuSE RPMS from http://www.gdf-hannover.de/software/
there is a readme for all offered distributions (behind the name of the
distribution):

Here is the part for SuSE:

#######################

SuSE RPM related information

This directory contains GRASS GIS and related binary RPMs for SuSE 9.1.
GRASS RPMs are compiled with GDAL and PROJ support. The required PROJ4, GDAL
and GEOS RPMs do not come with the SuSE 9.1 Distribution. They are provided
in this directory as well. As an extra, we provide a QGIS RPM package with
GRASS support via GDAL-GRASS plugin. If you need to install GRASS-GIS and its
related parts on SuSE 9.2 maschines, you can use these packages build on SuSE
9.1 as well.

INSTALLATION
To install GRASS on your SuSE 9.1, download and install in the following
order:

    * proj-4.4.9-1.suse91.i586.rpm
    * gdal-1.2.6-1.suse91.i586.rpm
    * grass-6.0.0-1.suse91.i586.rpm
    * gdal-grass-1.2.6-1.suse91.i586.rpm
    * geos-2.0.0-1.suse91.i586.rpm
    * qgis-0.6.0-0.suse91.i586.rpm

It seems that you can install the packages on SUSE 9.3 as well, but we haven't
tested only heard of.

 Otto

PS: Packages for QGIS 0.7 pre 1 will follow soon.