[GRASSLIST:5995] v.sample modified

Trevor Wiens twiens at interbaun.com
Thu Mar 3 18:34:57 EST 2005

In a manner suggested by Hamish to a question I posted a while ago, I've created a script to sample rasters at a specified buffer size around vector points, calculate use specified stats and add fields and data to the vector point file with the output. Now at this point it is just a shell script which makes a call to a little python script I wrote for doing the stats because I'm not skilled at doing math in shell scripts. The current script doesn't take named parameters, only positional ones and there is no gui interface for it either.

I've found it very useful for sampling rasters around bird survey locations. I named it v.sample.buffer. I won't have time to clean it up and make it conform to the GRASS 6.0 interface standard for a couple of months but if someone would find it useful, let me know. I think it would be a useful addition to GRASS in the long term. How do I submit it for evaluation and inclusion?

Trevor Wiens
twiens at interbaun.com

The significant problems that we face cannot be solved at the same
level of thinking we were at when we created them.
(Albert Einstein)