[GRASSLIST:6003] Re: moving layers from one machine to another

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Fri Mar 4 05:09:01 EST 2005

Radim Blazek wrote:
> Binary files are portable and the library is tested during compilation
> (it writes/reads both little an big endians for all data types and
> compares with 'etalon').
>
> Chris, could you try to convert head and dbln files from UNIX to Mac
> (newline characters)?

I have added G_getl2(char *buf, int n, FILE *fd) which should read one
line from text file regardless where it was written (ie \n, \r, \r\n).
Newline character is not written, buffer must be n+1.

Vector library now calls this function for vector ascii files.

Chris, if my previous suggestion helped, please update GRASS from CVS
and try to read original file from Linux without conversion of text files.

If you have access to more platform, please try to move more vectors
both Linux->Mac, Mac-Linux.

Hamish, will you try G_getl2 in v.in.ascii?

Radim