[GRASSLIST:6142] r.in.gdal and HDF import

torkild.tveraa at nina.no torkild.tveraa at nina.no
Sun Mar 13 05:53:21 EST 2005

I'm sorry for being such a pain sending this question both to the winGRASS and the GRASS users list. I promise to improve in the future : )

Well, I'm trying to import sea surface temperature data obtained in the HDF-format from NOAA using grass6.0.cvs/cygwin running on Windows XP, but the following message appear:

ERROR 4: `198501h09ma-gdm.hdf' not recognised as a supported dataset name.

I’ve been through quite a few internet pages this weekend, searching for some way to get around this problem, but I’ve been unsuccessful so far : ( Is there anybody out there who knows how I could get around this problem :)

Thanks in advance,

Torkild