[GRASSLIST:6143] Re: r.in.gdal and HDF import

Grit Schuster grit.schuster at geographie.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Mar 13 06:28:34 EST 2005

Hi,

have a look at http://www.gdal.org/frmt_hdf4.html.

Use gdalinfo to list all multidimensional subdatasets from
the input HDF file.
Then choose the subdateset, which you'd like to import. You
should provide exactly the contents of the line marked
SUBDATASET_n_NAME to GDAL, including the HDF4_SDS: prefix
as
raster file to be imported.

like this:
HDF4_SDS:MODIS_L1B:GSUB1.A2001124.0855.003.200219309451.hdf:2

Hope this will help you,
Grit