[GRASSLIST:6186] display manager and monitors

Teague O'Mara Teague.Omara at asu.edu
Wed Mar 16 01:01:43 EST 2005

I'm having an issue with the display manager and display monitors.  I'm running
H.Cho's 6.1.cvs under cygwin on an XP machine, but this started with 6.0 a week
or so ago.

The problem is that when I attempt to display any map through the display
manager, it freezes and crashes grass.  I have tried opening up a monitor first
(d.mon x?), both through the manager and the command line, but I get the same
result when I try to use the display manager.  I am able to open a monitor and
then display a map from the command line only.  I originally thought this was an
issue with my data, but this continues to happen with the spearfish test set as
well.

Is there any reason that this should be happening?  I have tried installing on
another machine, and the same problem occurs.

Thanks.
Teague

Teague O'Mara
Department of Anthropology