[GRASSLIST:6229] Re: compilation error

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 00:30:24 EST 2005

> Just a notice - do not compile GRASS in paralel. For me GRASS always
> fails to build if I build it with "make -j 2". Lots of software can be
> compiled with -j x option to speed up compilation, but GRASS will fail
> to build in such way.

hmm. Fails here too (including "these modules missing description.html",
which is incorrect). Worked fine last time I tried, maybe that was 5.4
though?

If it is a quirky race condition thing and not bad module code, running
make a second time should compile the things that didn't work the first
time (skipping things that did build ok). For me the second round
compiled everything but nviz, try 3 got that.

shrug.

debian/testing using gcc 3.3.5
older dual intel

Hamish