[GRASSLIST:6267] Re: r.in.gdal LatLong projection: G_set_window(): Illegal latitude for North

Zaboj Hrazsky, DAPHNE CZ - Institut of applied ecology zaboj.hrazsky at daphne.cz
Mon Mar 28 03:32:20 EST 2005

GRASS6.0 compiled with  PROJ4 4.4.9  version runs on my debian sarge...
but with patched  PJ_krovak.c.

Detailed description in czech ...
http://mpa.itc.it/radim/jtsk/index.html
and here is the patch personaly...
http://mpa.itc.it/radim/jtsk/PJ_krovak.c.patch

(shortly: run "patch PJ_krovak.c  PJ_krovak.c.patch" for the file
PJ_krovak.c in PROJ4 src tree before compilation of PROJ4)

And everything works...

I overide the bug with Radim Blazek help:

1) to import into new location (see g.manual r.in.gdal)
2) to change projection for new location running g.setproj from xy to
LatLong with wgs84 datum
3) to modify  "GRASSDATA_DIR"/"LOCATION"/"MAPSET"/cellhd/"MAPNAME" file
changing first line:
from        "proj:      0"          to        "proj:        3"
#signals type of location (xy versus LatLong)

After these r.proj was running without problems and reprojected maps
match the others from krovak (s-jtsk) location.

... but thanks for your experiences it seems PROJ4 library need the 5
version with  improved  PJ_krovak.c     :-).

Zaboj