[GRASSLIST:6277] Re: v.in.ogr error

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 19:04:38 EST 2005

> >> Thank you Moritz. I just stumbled to the fact that the help
> >> documents on the web
> >> (http://grass.itc.it/grass60/manuals/html60_user/v.in.ogr.html) are
> >> more detailed (including additional information concerning v.in.ogr
> >> options) than those that are generated from the build and install
> >> process. I will look on the web in the future.
> >
> > This is weird. I have exactly the same manual page locally as the
> > one on the web. Maybe there was some error building the docs on your
> > machine ?
>
> If there was, there is nothing in the error.log

Look for "modules without description.html" towards the end of the build
process, not in error.log. Or cd vector/v.in.ogr/ and type "make" to
rerun the man page building for that module. e.g. it has been
demonstrated recently that running 'make -j 3' on a multi-processor
computer causes some of the help pages to not build properly.

The website version of a help page will in many cases be more up to date
than the release versions, as the website version is updated from the
latest CVS at least once a week. Looking at the v.in.ogr help page
though, there have been no changes since 6.0.0 was released:

http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass6/vector/v.in.ogr/description.html

Hamish