[GRASSLIST:6701] Re: Export routine

Otto Dassau dassau at gdf-hannover.de
Tue May 3 03:42:10 EDT 2005

Am Montag, 2. Mai 2005 21:13 schrieb Jachym Cepicky:
> the best way is r.out.gdal

Dear Nivedita,

you need to configure GDAL with GRASS Support to be able to export GRASS
raster maps into ERDAS/Img.

r.out.gdal -l
  VRT: Virtual Raster
  GTiff: GeoTIFF
  [...]
  ITF: National Imagery Transmission Format
  HFA: Erdas Imagine Images (.img)
  [...]

For many Distributions (SuSE, Debian, Mandrake,...) 'gdal_grass' packages
(support) can be downloaded as RPM or .deb. as well

see:
http://grass.itc.it/download/index.php
http://www.gdf-hannover.de/software/

best wishes
   Otto

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office (TCH) -  Vahrenwalder Straße 7   -  D-30165 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de    -      Email: dassau at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511-9357560       -           Fax: ++49-(0)511-9357100