[GRASSLIST:6720] Re: tcl-tk or qgis ?

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Fri May 6 13:04:51 EDT 2005

hallo,
On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 04:56:01PM +0200, Massimiliano Cannata wrote:
> Hello,
> I'd like to program an interface to handle preprocessing, calibration
> and simulation of a GRASS based hydrological model.
> I have seen that the new interface could be a qgis interface, so my
> question is where I have to focus on? "Tcltkgrass" or "qgis grass toolbox"?
> Thanks you all.
> Maxi
>

>From my point of view, QGIS is *only* a viewer. The best solution is (how I see
it): do not care about the gui. All the parameters can be processed with G_gisinit(argv[0]);  (see r.example code). So you don't have to care about the gui (which will be TclTk by default).

The module can be always added to Qgis tools with help of one xml template, see
http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/Adding_New_Tools_to_the_GRASS_Toolbo

Jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky