[GRASSLIST:6724] Re: tcl-tk or qgis ?

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Fri May 6 22:56:19 EDT 2005

> I'd like to program an interface to handle preprocessing, calibration
> and simulation of a GRASS based hydrological model.
> I have seen that the new interface could be a qgis interface, so my
> question is where I have to focus on? "Tcltkgrass" or "qgis grass
> toolbox"?

I would write a shell script using the GRASS's g.parser[*]. Adding that
to the GUI in GRASS or in QGIS would be easy to do - just keep the logic
out of the GUI, use it as a front-end.

[*] see the included GRASS 6 scripts/ in the source distribution and
  http://grass.ibiblio.org/grass60/manuals/html60_user/g.parser.html
 for ideas.

Hamish