[GRASSLIST:6729] Re: OT: OpenOSX.com; Book: A Grass GIS Approach - 2nd Edition

Paul A. Levine palevine at ucla.edu
Sat May 7 13:36:11 EDT 2005

On May 7, 2005, at 1:25 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 12:28:49AM -0700, Paul A. Levine wrote:
>> when I had some trouble following the book (the book instructs one to
>> download a dataset for GRASS 5.3 that won't open in GRASS 6)
>
> Concerning above problem, Helena and me have started to
> create a detailed "update table" for the book:
>
>  http://mpa.itc.it/grasstutor/grass6/

Great, the update table is definitely helpful.  Also, just to add, that
when I had this problem, the members of this list and both of the
authors of the book also responded with support.  I am starting to
understand that one of the advantages of using GRASS is the community,
and clearly the advantage of "A GRASS GIS Approach" is that the authors
are involved members of this community, so that even though it is a
printed book, it is still a
"living document" that will be supplemented with web-accessible
material as the GRASS grows.   So, I just wanted to point out to the
community that not every dealing with OpenOSX has been bad, and that in
fact mine was rather good.
Paul