[GRASSLIST:6713] Re: OT: OpenOSX.com; Book: A Grass GIS Approach - 2nd Edition

Kevin lists at gnosysllc.com
Thu May 5 18:42:12 EDT 2005

Ian MacMillan wrote:
> Hate to tell you this, but this isn't the first complaint with that
> company.  They seem to disappear for months at a time.  And then they
> show up again.  I ordered my original GRASS 5.0.0 cd through them, so
> they have been around a while, however I wouldn't trust them at all
> anymore.  Too many people have had trouble with them (including personal
> friends of mine).  I would get all osx grass distributions through
> lorezno moretti's page, and get the book through somebody else (probably
> doesn't help you now).
>
> G'luck
> -Ian

Thanks for your reply, Ian.

Who would be the right person to talk to in the GRASS community about
making a note on the GRASS web page along those lines?

Until getting into GRASS, I had never heard of OpenOSX.com.  I found
them through a link on:

http://grass.itc.it/gdp/books.php

pointing me to "Open Source GIS: A GRASS GIS Approach. Second Edition"
at the URL:

http://mpa.itc.it/grassbook2/

Which states:

# International orders: Get from GDF Hannover bR (Germany)
# International orders: OpenOSX.com (U.S.A.)

Maybe that link should be removed.  I wish I had ordered the book from
Amazon or BN now.  I'm really annoyed with OpenOSX.com and if other
people have complained about them also, then maybe that link should go
bye-bye until Jeshua gets his business model worked out better.

-Kevin