[GRASSLIST:6746] Re: tcl-tk or qgis ?

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Tue May 10 05:22:31 EDT 2005

That's what I've done,
I have develoop some new command, and now I have a shell script that
call in the rigth order a numbers of function and generates maps....
I have some input needed and of course can be simply asked to the user
by using g.parser....
But what I'd like to do is an hydrologic window menu....
I try to better explain me:

1) a windows with 3 options (button) for preprocessing, calibration,
simulation. Each one opens a new window.
2) in each windows input box and associated button....
for instance I will have a preprocessing window:

input elevation map: (text box)  - select (button)
input river map name : (text box)  - select (button) - extract (button)

if I press the extract button a new windows for river extraction will be
opened.
It will get the already entered elevation maps and a new user entered
treshold value.
With a run button calculate and display the map.
With a save button return to the preprocessing window with the input
river map text box filled with the calculated map.

As I'm new to GUI programming, how to get somethink like this (obviously
integrated in GRASS )?
tcltkgrass?
qgis?
other?
Thanks,
Maxi

--

Eng. Massimiliano Cannata
Scuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera Italiana