[GRASSLIST:6798] Re: Several plots in one

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 21:17:02 EDT 2005

> > > So far, I have used d.rast for visualising some rasters. This is
> > > all very nice, and with d.frame I can plot a set of images as a
> > > matrix (say 3x3). I would like to produce some PostScript output
> > > now, and would not like to have to take a snapshot of the monitor
> > > screen and convert it to postscript. I can't see a way of (easily
> > > ;D) doing this with ps.map. Any ideas?
> >
> > Export the rasters at their native resolution to image files then
> > use a graphics package to compose the page.
> >
> > ps.map doesn't have the functionality you require, and nothing else
> > in GRASS is suitable for generating print-quality graphics.
>
> With GMT it should be possible to produce PS output.

from the ps.map help page:

"For each ps.map run, only one raster map layer (or set of layers or
imagery group; see below) can be requested."

You can use ps.map to make encapsulated PostScript though with the -e
flag. Make say four .eps maps and then embed those in a master
PostScript image.

many paths it seems, but no direct ones.

Hamish