[GRASSLIST:6845] Re: GRASS 6.0 & Ubuntu linux

Stefano Costa stefano.costa at email.it
Sun May 22 05:35:53 EDT 2005

Jano Ferencik ha scritto:
> I used a couple of time Suse linux and now moved on to Ubuntu Hoary
> Hedgehog....i like it and i decided i will continue with it. I tryed to install
> GRASS with apt-get and the installer started to install version 5.0.3 . I would
> like to install version 6.0...so .....is anyone running GRASS 6.0 on
> Hoary.....and if....can you supply the repository or some download intructions?
> I know that there are availbale Debian binaries but installing trough apt solves
> the problem of dependecies..so it is comfortable to intall GRASS within apt(for
> me as I am new to Ubuntu)...

the Hoary packages are still at 5.03. i am using successfully the
DebianGIS repositories (this is the home page)

http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl

on my hoary it works quite well, though it's the 6.0.0beta2 version. I
couldn't manage to get qgis working due to an outdated libgdal version
in the Ubuntu repository(1.25 - qgis 0.6.2 requires 1.26 if I am right).

version 6.0.0 comes with ubuntu 5.10 breezy badger (release scheduled
for october) that is already available in the repositories but
definitely too much unstable imho.

anyway a good starting point would be this page

www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/UbuntuGIS

regards, Stefano

--
Stefano Costa

Visita il mio sito: http://www.iosa.it - Software Open Source per
l'Archeologia
GnuPG Key ID: 1024D/0xD0D30245
Jabber: archeosteko at jabber.linux.it
Linux Registered User #385969 counter.li.org

Per favore non mandarmi allegati Word o PowerPoint.
Puoi utilizzare formati come pdf, html o testo semplice.
Per maggiori informazioni
visita:http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.it.html