[GRASSLIST:6882] beginner's question

Rahul Chopra rchopra at uchicago.edu
Wed May 25 09:59:50 EDT 2005

Hello all,

Am new to the mailing list and have a couple of novice like questions.

1. I have downloaded several Landsat ETM+ files which I wish to import into
my GRASS location using r.in.gdal. Could someone provide some help with what
the script might have to look like in order to import multiple tif files
into this location?

2. In order to apply radiometric corrections I ran grep BIAS dataset.met and
get the message CORRECTION_METHOD_BIAS = "IC.  Does that mean that the
radiometric corrections have already been applied? In the metadata file from
GLCF's website it does say END_GROUP = CORRECTIONS_APPLIED

3. When I  patch, say band 4 of  2 scenes I find a distinct difference in
the intensity/brightness of the 2 scenes.  The sun elevation and sun azimuth
are different in these 2 scenes? Is that the reason for difference in
brightness? If so, how does one change the sun elevation and azimuth for one
scene?

4. One final question-- is there a program which accurately converts
latitude longitude into UTM coordinates?

I would appreciate it if anyone could take the time to answer these queries.

Thanks
Rahul