[GRASSLIST:6952] georeference vector map and transform from xy location to long/lat projection

Andreas Rathgeber rathgeber2000 at yahoo.de
Mon May 30 15:53:01 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I have a outside of GRASS digitized vector map (original map was
image with distortion and some rotation) loaded into an XY
location. This location also contains the original image.
Now I want to georeference both maps into my target location that
has a long. / lat. projection.
I've created a pointsfile based on the original image. I have no
problem to georeference the image into my target location with
the target projection.
Where I struggle is the georeferencing of my vector map into the
target location.

I was thinking about v.proj, v.transform to do it.
With v.transform and the pointsfile from my image I was able to
remove the distortion and do the rotation. But this only leads to
a much reduced size and the question how I get the vector map
into my target location. The v.proj seems not possible as in an
XY location no PROJ_INFO is available - and what certainly make
sense when one understand how the georeferencing of vector maps
is done ;-)

Can someone point me to the correct order of the steps I should
perform?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
Andreas