[GRASSLIST:6961] Re: GRASS 6 gdal support for netcdf format

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Tue May 31 09:52:50 EDT 2005

Hamish,

Thanks for your help! No, I do not see;

r.in.gdal -f in=foo out=bar | grep -i cdf
  GMT (rw): GMT NetCDF Grid Format
  netCDF (ro): network Common Data Format

when I run 'r.in.gdal -f in=foo out=bar | grep -i cdf

So, your best guess is that a gdal lib is being picked up without netcdf
support. I'm not sure how this can be since I built all the libs. Due to
local admin restrictions I had to put the gdal libs (and proj libs,
etc.) in with the GRASS libs. How can I be sure that the gdal lib
correctly built with netcdf support?

I do have one question, when building gdal, am I suppose to set the flag
for GRASS support? I tried that once and got some error, so I *maybe*
mistakenly thought that I should not do that.

Regards,
Tom

--
Thomas E Adams