[GRASSLIST:8875] Re: World Population

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Nov 4 03:55:34 EST 2005

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, Maik Trömel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I know its absolutly not the right place for such a question but it is
> very urgent. Probably someone can help me.
> I'm searching a free file including the population density of the earth
> or of europe. Does anyobody know where I can get such a file?

I have a note in a presentation that says:

\url{http://geodata.grid.unep.ch/}, 2.5 minute world population density
1990

from a file "popd_90.txt" that I could read with GDAL, which I downloaded
through the GRID data portal a couple of months ago. The file name may be
the one I gave it. There seem to be data for 1990 and 1995 there.

Roger

--
Roger Bivand
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no