[GRASSLIST:8891] Re: World Population

Shaun Walbridge walbridge at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Nov 4 14:41:58 EST 2005

Hello Maik,

The two best current sources of global gridded popuation that I'm aware
of are:

Landscan: http://www.ornl.gov/sci/landscan/
Requires registration, usage restrictions.  Interpolated to 1km globally.

Gridded Population of the World: http://beta.sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu/gpw/
This is at the same 2.5 minute resolution Roger mentioned, but is
updated and has population projections available.

cheers,
Shaun Walbridge
Geospatial Analyst
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis
University of California, Santa Barbara