[GRASSLIST:8934] bearings with m.cogo

Robert Nuske rnuske at gwdg.de
Tue Nov 8 07:54:14 EST 2005

Hi Listers,

I tried to get bearings (as I understood angle and distance) between two
coordinates. But I only get the angle and no distance.

GRASS 6.1.cvs (eifel):~ > echo "2525574.0 5603785.9" | m.cogo -r \
coord=2525524.6,5603683.0

N 25:38:40.654 E nan

Measuring the distance with d.measure and doing the reverse case with m.cogo
(bearing to coords) works fine for me. I've got no idea what I am doing
wrong.

BTW is there a reason why the bearing is given with two hemispheres and not in
compass directions. I mean for example 45° for NE and 225° for SW. That would
be one calculation less doing compass work in the field.

Thanks,
Robert

BTW