[GRASSLIST:8986] Re: v.in.ascii error

Eva L. Hulse evahulse at buffalo.edu
Thu Nov 10 14:54:12 EST 2005

Try formatting the file like this:

1|1|1
2|2|3
3|3|1
4|4|2
5|5|3
6|6|4

with | as the field delimiter, and in point rather than standard output
format:

v.in.ascii input=/home/salgueit/testar.txt output=testar1_out
format=point fs=| skip=1 'columns=x double, y double, z double' x=1 y=2
z=3 cat=0 -z

If that works, view the map by setting the region to match the new
vector file (use g.region), opening a diplay monitor and then using the
command d.vect to display the new vector file.

eva.

Tiago Salgueiro wrote:
> I give up to use grass with fedora core 3. Now I'm runing grass under
> Windows Xp. And my problem now is the following:
>
> with th file testar.txt:
>
> x	y	z
> 1	1	1
> 2	2	3
> 3	3	1
> 4	4	2
> 5	5	3
> 6	6	4
>
> AND THE COMMAND:
>
> v.in.ascii input=/home/salgueit/testar.txt output=testar1_out
> format=standard fs=tab skip=1 x=1 y=2 z=3 cat=0 -z
>
> GRASS RETURNED:
>
> Error reading ascii file:
> 1	1	1
>
> Building topology ...
> Registering lines:
> 0 primitives registered
> Building areas:
> 0 areas built
> 0 isles built
> Attaching islands:
> Attaching centroids: Topology was built.
> Number of nodes     :   0
> Number of primitives:   0
> Number of points    :   0
> Number of lines     :   0
> Number of boundaries:   0
> Number of centroids :   0
> Number of areas     :   0
> Number of isles     :   0
>

> Am I doing something wrong? After I have success with this how can I see
> the map generated?
>
> Thanks!

> Cumprimentos/Best Regards,
>
> Tiago Salgueiro
> Nº1010664

Eva L. Hulse
PhD Student
University at Buffalo Anthropology Department
evahulse at buffalo.edu