[GRASSLIST:9003] Re: r.terraflow: wrong data type

Florian Kindl Florian.Kindl at uibk.ac.at
Fri Nov 11 03:53:05 EST 2005

On 11.11.2005, at 00:38, Helena Mitasova wrote:

> Andy, thank you very much, that explains it. In fact I never looked
> at the filled DEM
> only at the resulting flowaccumulation. Florian, I will submit the
> fix and then can you please
> test it again - the problems that you may see in the
> flowaccumulation result may not be
> due to integers but due to many nested sinks that were filled.
> What kind of data and resolutions are you using?
>
> Helena

Helena, Andy,
thank you very much for your quick help and effort.

The patch fixed the problem. Now the filled DEM looks as it should.

Helena, regarding your question on the kind of data:
It is very high resolution data (1 meter or less) from airborne laser
scanning.
So I suspected that maybe filled sinks lead to unwanted results -
that's why I wanted to to take a look at the filled DEM in the first
place.

Thank you that this is possible now :)
- Flo.