[GRASSLIST:9009] Re: ArcView vs GRASS

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Nov 11 13:55:06 EST 2005

At 19:43, venerdì 11 novembre 2005 you presumably wrote:
> Paolo,
>
>    Why was ESRI indirectly at a OSS conference? Seems rather odd to me.
strange, isn't it? in a way, this indicates that we are getting out of the
getto, maybe.
> Anyway, comparing ArcView and GRASS is like comparing Notepad to LaTeX.
> They're two different tools intended for different audiences and tasks.
I (we all?) *know* this.
>    I suggest you'll get good answers if you're more specific about what
> comparisons you need and for what purposes.
I know there are not much hard data on this; I am asking if there is anything
I can put together to have strong arguments, the next time I have a direct
confrontation.
pc
--
Paolo Cavallini