[GRASSLIST:9011] Re: ArcView vs GRASS

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Nov 11 14:19:52 EST 2005

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> I know there are not much hard data on this; I am asking if there is
> anything I can put together to have strong arguments, the next time I have
> a direct confrontation. pc

   ArcView         GRASS
   -------         -----
   vector data     raster, vector, other data
   designed for    designed for analysis
     viewing
   business orien- academic/research orientation
     tation

   One can go on.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"