[GRASSLIST:9191] d.m's "gridline" option and the (non) function of "draw geodetic grid"

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Nov 23 01:57:03 EST 2005

I just noticed that clicking the "draw geodetic grid" checkbox in the d.m
function that adds a d.grid run to the on-screen map does nothing at all.

Looks like in display/d.m/gridline.tcl there are two variables, geodraw and
geogrid --- geodraw is used to determine whether to put a -g in the d.grid
line but is never set by any of the input options, and geogrid is set by the
checkbox next to "draw geodetic grid", and never used for anything.

When I run the d.grid line by hand with no -g I get a grid in the current
location's coordinate system, and with -g I get a latitude/longitude
graticule projected to the locations coordinate system, as I expect.  But it
seems impossible to get d.m to use a d.grid line with no -g.  Is this a bug,
or have I missed a point somewhere?

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1
 "The only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that's hardly
  worth the effort." -- Norton Juster