[GRASSLIST:9263] Problems creating new location

Nick Cahill ndcahill at facstaff.wisc.edu
Wed Nov 30 15:28:15 EST 2005

I am having problems creating a new x,y location in GRASS 6.1 cvs,
using Lorenzo Moretti's last Mac OSX binaries. I want to use
i.rectify to project UTM rasters out of my UTM location into this x,y
location. I created the new location, set it as the target in
i.target, ran i.rectify to rectify the UTM raster. But when I change
locations and try to access the rectified raster, I get an errors:

Can't open header file for [dem.gps.adj.bgrid in PERMANENT]

category support for [dem.gps.adj.bgrid] in mapset [PERMANENT] missing

can't get history information for [dem.gps.adj.bgrid] in mapset
[PERMANENT]

can't read f_range file for [dem.gps.adj.bgrid in PERMANENT]

could not read range file

So it looks like the header & other data were not created when the
file was rectified.

In the PERMANENT directory of the target mapset, there is a directory
cellhd, which has a reasonable-sized file in it; but no directories
for e.g. cats, colr, cellhd, hist, etc. and no files PROJ_INFO,
PROJ_UNITS, and a number of other files & directories which are in my
original UTM mapset, created long ago with GRASS 5 or so. Is GRASS
somehow not creating a complete mapset, or something? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Nick Cahill