[GRASSLIST:8480] Re: d.m - commands output pollute the Grass terminal

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Oct 4 02:34:55 EDT 2005

Maciek,

I've been out of town and am just now getting caught up on my email.

This is a "feature" rather than a bug. At least that was my intent.

When you run a command from its individual tcltk module (i.e., started from
the command line or a menu item), it prints the command in the output
window. You can copy it from there and use it on the command line or paste
it into a command layer  in the GIS manager.

When I moved all display commands to buttons/panels in the GIS manager, this
option was lost. So I had these particular commands output to the terminal
so that people could copy them and use them elsewhere.

Hamish has tried a different shade of green and put it in the cvs. He also
made a single line in the d.m.tcl code where you can change the color to
whatever you want. I haven't tried it yet.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ 85287-2402

phone: 480-965-6213