[GRASSLIST:8544] Re: d.m - commands output pollute the Grass terminal

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Fri Oct 7 17:03:56 EDT 2005

From: "Michael Barton" <michael.barton at asu.edu>

> When I moved all display commands to buttons/panels in the GIS manager,
> this
> option was lost. So I had these particular commands output to the terminal
> so that people could copy them and use them elsewhere.

I understand, that's good. But could there be a permanent, *separate*
terminal for output from d.m commands? It could be the small, neat one - the
same which pops up when we query raster layers from d.m.

Currently my Grass terminal looks like a Matrix screesaver when I redraw 20
layers in d.m. Main terminal should be for CLI, GUI should have a separate
text output, I guess.

Maciek

P.S.
Looking forward to checking Hamish's Grass-green flavor soon.