[GRASSLIST:8487] neighbourhood analysis

Ksenia Konwicki kes at timberline.ca
Tue Oct 4 14:12:59 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am trying to do landform analysis based on various elevational
variability charateristics. I wanted to used a circular focal point
moving window analysis. My DEM is 30m resolution. I am currently running
Grass 6.0 through Cygwin.

I have tried using r.neighbours but it seems to limit my window size to
25 pixels (750m), and what I can see only offers a square neighbourhood.
I would like to do my analysis over a 3000m area so I need a much larger
window. Is there a way to do this in GRASS without "growing" my raster
size or averaging the data prior to analysis?

Thank you,

Kessie.

--
Ksenia E. Konwicki, RPF