[GRASSLIST:8527] Re: troubleshooting Cygwin and Grass 6 installation

Eva L. Hulse evahulse at buffalo.edu
Thu Oct 6 14:51:11 EDT 2005

I may not be helpful here.  But I have some ideas:

1) Grass 6.1.cvs and 6.0 do not like to live together on the same
machine.  I have only had problems when I have had both versions
installed.  You might have to completely clear out your Grass
installation, and start again with just one version of Grass.

2) the spearfish data should be in a folder within your home directory.
  For example,

C:\cygwin\home\Eva\spearfish60

You can even uncompress the spearfish_grass60data.tar.gz file using
WinZip, which will create the spearfish60 directory, which you can then
drag and drop into your home directory using Windows (because the Cygwin
command line interface can be a mystery to us Windows users).

eva.

evahulse at buffalo.edu